The following timeline allows for a year-long engagement, but tasks may be completed with less notice in the event of, for example, a six- or nine-month planning period.
1 WEEK BEFORE
- Collect the wedding dress and bridesmaids’ outfits.
- Practise putting on the wedding dress with whoever will be helping on the big day.
- Reconfirm all details with suppliers and staff involved on the day; this includes cakes, flowers, photographs, hair and make-up stylists.
- Make a list of telephone numbers in case of any emergencies on the day.
- Draw up the final seating plan with extra copies for the caterer, photographer and best man.
- Divide place cards into envelopes for the caterers laying the tables, allowing one envelope per table.
- Confirm final numbers, dietary requirements and special requests with the caterers.
- Reconfirm all transport arrangements.
- Organise reserved seating for the ceremony and brief the ushers.
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast and make provision accordingly.
- Pack and organise luggage for the honeymoon, including new passport.
- Brief the best man on final payments due on the day, and supply cash as required.
- Draw up a list of important family and friends for the photographer, with a copy for the best man.
- Brief the best man and chief bridesmaid on any final logistics and last-minute duties.
ON THE DAY
Relax, take a deep breath – and enjoy!