To help students make the transition to independence, we have devised a course for school leavers and undergraduates.
Focusing on the personal attributes that ensure students stand out when applying for work experience, university or a job, our academy director will lead half-day CV and interview workshops on consecutive days in April.
Venue: Central London
Both days: £449 + VAT
Dress: Come dressed for an interview!
Bring: Your CV
- Making your CV stand out
- Covering letters
- Working with recruiters
- Managing your digital presence
- Honing your interview skills, with on-camera practice and feedback
- Projecting confidence and dealing with unexpected questions
- What to wear and understanding your personal ‘brand’
- Understanding company culture and why this is crucial at the interview stage
- Techniques to ensure a polished, professional and distinctive CV
- An understanding of the interview process and how to approach it fully prepared and with plenty of confidence
- An awareness of how you communicate through your body language and silent signals
- Tips on how to network and form prospective contact
- Tools to present and pitch yourself effectively
- An understanding of business dress codes and your personal style
Participants will receive immediate feedback on their interview style as well as detailed notes on their CVs. Participants are also welcome to submit their CVs for a one-off, post-workshop review up to a month after the course
Rupert Wesson is the academy director at Debrett’s. Specialising in communications and the spoken word, his client portfolio includes a number of senior leaders in renowned businesses across the globe.