You’ve found your dream job – the one that will change EVERYTHING.
Now you just have to get hired.
You know you have the experience, the training and the qualifications, but that isn’t always enough to get the job. Is your CV up to scratch? Could your interview skills do with a bit of polish?
Our one-day Next Steps Programme will give you the confidence and skills to secure that coveted contract.
The course is led by two expert tutors – one experienced recruitment consultant and one communications specialist – and includes a practical networking lunch.
- Making your CV stand out: structure, layout, wording, injecting personality
- Covering letters: are they necessary today and, if so, how do I write one?
- Working with recruiters – how to get the best from them
- Honing your interview skills, with on-camera practice and feedback, and discussions covering phone, in-person and video interviews.
- Understanding company culture and why this is crucial at the interview stage
- Understanding your personal ‘brand’ and managing your digital presence to promote and support it
- Confident and effective networking
Participants will receive immediate feedback on their interview style as well as detailed notes on their CVs. Participants are also welcome to submit their CVs for a one-off, post-workshop review up to a month after the course
Chris Taylor is a highly experienced recruitment consultant whose agency is used by some of the most demanding clients within the investment and private office space.
Rupert Wesson is the academy director at Debrett’s. Specialising in communications and the spoken word, his client portfolio includes a number of senior leaders in renowned businesses across the globe.
The course will include a networking lunch. Places are limited to 10 and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please call us on 0203 705 2210
or email OllyWalker@debretts.co.uk to reserve your place.
Date and time:
Monday 29 Jan 2018 – 9.30 – 5.30
Venue: Central London
Cost: £450 + VAT
Dress: Come dressed for an interview!
Bring: Your CV