Expert advice to ensure the groom is prepared for his big day.
Location: Debrett’s Townhouse, Central London
Duration: 3.5 hours
Cost: £2,500 based on three people, £500 per additional attendee (up to five). Includes celebratory glass of whiskey for each attendee.
Please phone 0203 786 7420 or email OllyWalker@debretts.co.uk for more information.
Details: designed as an experience to be shared with the important people in the groom’s life, whether it’s his father, the father of the bride, best man or ushers, the Groom’s Day Out covers those topics about which the groom needs to be most informed for his wedding day. Our wedding expert will advise the groom and his party on topics such as typical duties in preparation for and on the day of the wedding, how to ease nerves, what to consider when purchasing a suit, and how to write a wedding speech. On booking, grooms will receive a questionnaire to complete in advance of the session, providing our wedding expert with an overview of their wedding plans and aspirations, allowing for a truly bespoke service. The service includes a trip to a Savile Row tailor or West End outfitter to learn about traditional morning dress and how to select an appropriate morning or lounge suit, shirt and tie. The session ends on a celebratory note over a glass of whiskey (or non-alcoholic alternative) in one of Mayfair’s finest library bars.
- An exploration of morning dress held at a Savile Row tailor or West End outfitter – picking the perfect cloth and style of suit, shirt and tie
- The role of the best man and ushers, including duties in the run-up to the wedding and on the day itself
- Wedding rings: selecting the style and material, engraving, insurance and safekeeping on the day
- Male grooming: considerations and advice
- The morning of the wedding, including an overview of the running order of events, last-minute tasks and what to expect from the day
- Managing nerves and supporting the bride
- Writing and delivering your speech
Note: there is the option to include other specific matters of interest, exclude less relevant topics, or spend more time on particular areas. If you are unable to travel to the Debrett’s Townhouse for the Groom’s Day Out, please call one of our advisers to discuss the possibility of having one of our wedding experts travel to you.