Debrett’s currently has the following vacancy:
Junior/Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Debrett’s is looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join its small, dynamic team in central London.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take a leading role in helping the Debrett’s brand evolve and expand internationally, while maintaining the spirit of a true British brand. It is a full 360 designer job.
Reporting to the managing director and head of content, the designer will be responsible for designing and promoting Debrett’s services and products. He or she will work on our website, newsletters, social media, training brochures, leather products and occasionally take product photography. He or she will be collaborating with well-known PR companies and brands to design and create content campaigns on- and off-line.
This role would suit an applicant with two or more years’ experience in graphic design, ideally with a knowledge of and passion for luxury British brands. The ideal applicant will be efficient, organised and self-motivated, with the ability to work to deadlines across a range of formats and platforms, including online, on social media and in print. It is a great opportunity to help this 250-year-old British brand continue taking steps to the new.
- Designing printed and digital lifestyle and etiquette guides for well-known brands and PR companies
- Creating marketing emails, brochures, pitch documents and training material (new marketing ideas are encouraged)
- Designing our range of luxury leather notebooks and diaries and overseeing their production
- Overseeing our website and liaising with developers
- Sourcing and editing appropriate imagery for use online, on social media and in marketing material (sometimes taking photos of our own products and sometimes purchasing new ones for different publications)
- Ensuring our brand guidelines are upheld and kept up-to-date and even one step ahead
Experience and skills required
- Two or more years’ experience
- A wonderful layout portfolio
- High levels of creativity and the ability to come up with innovative designs and ideas
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Experience (or willingness to learn) working on a Wordpress website
- Experience producing e-newsletters on MailChimp
- Photography skills with the ability to style photoshoots and an exceptional eye for composition, contrast and colour
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms. We want to develop our Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest accounts
It would be a plus to:
- Have experience working for a luxury brand
- Be interested in marketing strategy
- Have knowledge of basic HTML and CSS applied for newsletter (or a willingness to learn the basics)
- Have an understanding of Google Analytics and SEO
Personal attributes required
The ideal candidate will be:
- Adaptable and positive
- Someone who enjoys working closely in a small team
- An excellent communicator
- Able to work independently as well as part of a small team
Please note this opportunity may be part-time (3 days a week), or full-time, depending on the candidate.
How to apply
Please email a CV, portfolio (link or PDF) and covering letter outlining your experience and interest in the position to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th January 2017
Debrett’s is a professional coaching company, publisher and authority on modern etiquette, founded in 1769. Today Debrett’s shares its expertise through four different lines of business:
- Academy: offering coaching globally to corporate and private clients in social and interpersonal skills, building confidence and success in both social and professional arenas
- Partnership Campaigns: working with PR companies and well-known brands to create on- and off-line campaigns
- Publications: Our range of popular etiquette guides include Debrett’s Handbook, the Guide for the Modern Gentleman, the A-Z of Modern Manners and our Wedding Handbook. We also produce our own range of leather products
- Weddings: offering practical advice and guidance on modern wedding etiquette, in print, via our app or in person.