Do you ever feel you’re overlooked in favour of less capable colleagues?
Do you find yourself talked over in meetings, your contributions ignored or repurposed by someone else?
The last year has cast a stark spotlight on the many obstacles women still face at work, including the gender pay gap, the challenge of balancing career progression with childcare, and a continued lack of representation at board level.
Our one-day group programme equips women with the tools to overcome these challenges and achieve their professional goals.
Through a combination of theory, practice, role play and individual feedback led by two expert tutors, participants will develop their confidence and learn how to project it to inspire and motivate others. They will hone the communication skills necessary to anticipate and rise to challenges in an arena that often puts them at a disadvantage.
- What is confidence and why is it important? What we can learn from behavioural science
- Practical tips for building and maintaining confidence
- Projecting confidence to inspire others
- Verbal communication: speaking up and being heard
- Dealing with aggressive dialogue
- Remaining polite without being passive
- Non-verbal communication: body language and silent signals
- Learning how others perceive you
- Defining your brand through self-knowledge
- Identifying a role model, and becoming one to others
- Adhering to your own values and attitudes while recognising those of the workplace
- Identifying and generating networking opportunities
- The secrets to successful face-to-face networking
- Managing your digital network
- Finding a mentor – what to look for
Thank you for an excellent course. It was lovely to meet Rupert and Katherine, and the information you gave me has already made a tangible difference in my work. For that I am truly grateful.
The course will include a networking lunch and attendees will receive a list of resources for reference afterwards. Places are limited to 10 and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please call us on 0203 705 2210 or email DanScothern@debretts.co.uk to reserve your place.
Date and time:
Friday 24th August 2018, 9.30 – 5.30
Venue: Central London
Cost: £450 + VAT (refer a friend or colleague and you both receive 10% off)