Duties Before the Wedding Day
The chief bridesmaid should clarify with the bride how much involvement she will have in the lead-up to and on the wedding day.
- Attending wedding dress fittings, if required, and helping to assemble the accessories and going-away outfit.
- Assisting the bride with the choice of dresses for the bridesmaids.
- Acting in a support role if there are any strained relations between the bride and her parents, or between the bride and groom.
- Organising a suitable hen night or weekend, tailored to the bride's wishes and tastes, with the help of the other adult bridesmaids.
- Keeping in close contact with the best man and other adult bridesmaids (if there are any); liaising with the parents of any young bridesmaids and pageboys.
- Attending the rehearsal and introducing herself to anyone she hasn't met before.