Some brides choose to have children as their bridesmaids while others like to enlist the help of their close girlfriends.
It is a matter of personal choice on who the bride chooses for her bridesmaids: younger brides often opt for adults, while older brides usually have friends with children and therefore choose baby bridesmaids. Many brides choose a combination of adults and children.
How many bridesmaids?
The numbers and composition of the bridal party must be carefully considered. A manageable bridal party could consist of, for example:
- A chief bridesmaid, two adult bridesmaids and then a pageboy or child bridesmaid
- A chief bridesmaid, two adult bridesmaids
- A chief bridesmaid, one adult bridesmaid
- One chief bridesmaid and one, two or three children
- Just two or three children.