The couple should carefully check the details of the wedding marquee and talk through all their requirements.
- Standard matting is an acceptable (and economic) option; an underlying waterproof membrane is essential.
- Hard, levelled cassette flooring gives the most professional finish; it may be essential if the ground is on a slope or very uneven, but it is expensive.
- Check that the marquee company will provide and assemble a dance floor (if required).
- Marquee linings range from highly decorative patterns to the standard silk lining.
- Starlit ceilings are only suitable for evening receptions as they look very dark and heavy in natural daylight.
- Different types of windows and clear plastic covers are available that will make the marquee feel an integral part of the setting.