It is popular to place a disposable camera on each table, and guests are invited to take their own pictures of the big day.
- Look out for disposable cameras especially designed for weddings.
- Some good pictures may be taken on these cameras, recording a different element and viewpoint of the wedding.
- However, disposable cameras can be a wasted expense that promises more than is delivered. The cameras can be quite expensive and developing costs mount up.
- Guests will frequently take repetitive pictures and forget to activate the flash, and the prints may be disappointing.
- It may be a better idea to ask a few reliable friends - of different ages for variety - with a good eye to snap away instead. Remember that digital photos are more easily stored and shared.
- If disposable cameras are made available, give one to every child. They will enjoy playing with their own camera and will not monopolise one intended for an entire table.