Throughout the reception, the bride and groom must circulate, especially if there is no receiving line. They should not allow themselves to be monopolised by close friends and family.
- During the pre-meal drinks, the couple should make sure that they try to speak to as many people as possible.
- They should visit the tables between courses, exchanging greetings and a few words with all the guests.
- They must be especially aware of guests they do not know so well, or those who have travelled a long way or come from abroad.
- The parents, chief bridesmaid and best man should also act as hosts and aim to keep an eye out for guests attending on their own, or those who do not know many people.
- Although it is tempting to hang out with friends, family members should be included and the time taken to speak to them, no matter how distant the relative.
- The bride and groom should accept offers to dance.