What to Serve
- Keep it simple and serve champagne, if possible. As a general rule, allow half a bottle per person.
- Pimm's is a popular alternative in the summer.
- Also, there should always be some beer and wine at the ready.
- In winter months, mulled wine is a popular option.
- Sparkling elderflower cordial is a good non-alcoholic option. It can be jazzed up with some fresh apple or pear juice, fresh lemon and ginger.
- Non-alcoholic options should be served in champagne flutes, with a piece of fruit in the bottom - such as a raspberry or frozen grapes - so that the waiting staff can easily spot who is and isn't drinking champagne when topping drinks up.