Wedding Planner Practicalities
When it comes to a full-time wedding planner, the bride and groom should remember that their function is to advise and organise, as well as help design and manage the wedding.
- Once the wedding co-ordinator is booked, it is important that everyone involved understands how the process will work.
- Planners will often ask the bride and groom to fill out an initial questionnaire. This will give them some basic idea about the couple before they meet.
- They will want to meet the bride and groom and the parents, or anyone else involved in the wedding.
- The couple will express their ideas so that the planner can understand the type of wedding they require.
- After the meeting, the wedding planner will draw up a proposal for the wedding. The couple will review this and then the process can begin.
- It is a good idea to nominate just one person - usually the bride - as the planner's point of contact to avoid any breakdown in communication.
- A wedding planner will be on constant call for any panics or concerns. It is essential that the bride can rely upon her planner for practical, and sometimes emotional, support.