6-3 Months Before
- Hire or buy outfits for the groom, best man and ushers, or inform them, and the fathers, of the dress code.
- Choose/order outfits for the bridesmaids.
- Shop for the mother-of-the-bride outfit.
- Choose, buy and insure wedding rings.
- Choose the presents for the wedding list.
- Choose presents to thank the best man, ushers, attendants and other VIPs.
- Design orders of service and have the proof checked by the minister or registrar.
- Print orders of service (don't forget spares).
- Send off the forms for the bride's new passport.
- Look into arrangements and details for the honeymoon.
- Plan extra information sheets for the invitation: maps, nearby B&Bs, wedding list information or no-children rules.
- Send out invitations.
- Keep a list of acceptances and refusals, and send out any extra invitations.
This guide offers an online wedding planning schedule based on a timeline of nine months to a year, as well as timetable for the wedding day.