12-9 Months Before the Wedding Day
- Announce the engagement in newspapers.
- Arrange for the parents to meet (if necessary).
- Set the budget.
- Buy a wedding notebook or organiser.
- Set up a filing system for details and receipts.
- Choose the wedding date.
- Purchase wedding insurance.
- Decide on the type of ceremony: religious or civil.
- Meet religious minister/registrar to discuss wedding ceremony.
- Choose and book venues for wedding and reception.
- Obtain menus and cost estimates from caterers.
- Investigate photographers; an engagement photo can be taken at this point.
- Look into entertainment for the wedding reception.
- Choose a wedding planner (if required).
- Choose the wedding team: best man, bridesmaids, pageboys and ushers.
- Organise responsibilities for parents.
- Look into honeymoon ideas and destinations.
- Book time off work for the wedding and honeymoon.
This guide offers an online wedding planning schedule based on a timeline of nine months to a year, as well as timetable for the wedding day.