Keeping Guests Informed
It is important to keep guests happy and well informed - a well-organised wedding team play a crucial role in succeeding at this.
- Ensure that there is good signage at the reception venue (drinks area/bar, dining/meal area, cloakrooms etc).
- The wedding team should act as a point of contact, knowing when the key events of the day - photographs, speeches, cake cutting, lunch or dinner, dancing etc - are taking place.
- Meanwhile, the bride and groom must circulate and speak to as many of the guests as possible.
- It is helpful for guests to be told in advance when the bride and groom are planning on 'going away' and, if it's early, whether the party will carry on afterwards.
- A master of ceremonies or toastmaster can be useful in this regard.