Aside from the wedding cars, transport is required for the wedding party too, and sometimes the guests.
- It is essential that the wedding party have cars allocated to them to get to the reception promptly, if needed. This may be ushers' cars or taxis.
- Parking spaces should be allocated in advance for cars needed on the day at both the ceremony and reception venues. Check that there are no restrictions.
- Ensure that the photographer has transport: they need to be at the reception venue promptly to shoot guests arriving.
- An usher or the best man should have the telephone numbers of all the hired transport on the day. Equally, drivers/chauffeurs of hired transport should have a contact number in case of delay.
- Check that any coaches hired have suitably easy access for the elderly or disabled, if necessary.
- All the timings/addresses for hired transport should be double-checked to ensure that things run smoothly on the day.