Wedding Day Checklist
There are various items that the groom, best man and chief bridesmaid need to remember to take with them on the big day.
- The chief bridesmaid should carry everything the bride will need on the day, including make-up for touch ups, in a small, elegant handbag.
- She should also have a mobile phone so that she can contact the best man if necessary, or be the point of contact for the bridal party.
- If required, the bride's overnight bag, handbag and other essentials for the following day can be left at the reception venue in advance.
- The bridesmaids should also leave everything they might need at the reception venue, such as a change of shoes (pumps, flip-flops), camera, wrap or shawl and overnight bag.
- The groom will need a mobile phone and his speech notes.
- Presents for the bridesmaids, car keys (if needed), cash and an overnight bag can all be left at the reception venue the day before.
- He can also arrange for the florist to deliver the bouquets for the mothers to the reception venue that morning.
The Best Man
- The best man will need the rings, his mobile phone, speech notes, spare cash and enough money to cover the church fees and any final payments for the relevant suppliers.
- He must have a note of all emergency transport or contact numbers (including the chief bridesmaid's and caterer's phone numbers).