The Groom and Best Man's Morning
The morning of the wedding for the men is usually a simpler affair. While getting dressed is a less drawn-out procedure, the groom and his ushers should still allow plenty of time to avoid unnecessary panic.
- It is traditional for the groom, best man and ushers to meet for breakfast or lunch before going to the ceremony venue.
- They should double-check that all the components of their suits are ready, and that they have all the necessary accessories, such as cufflinks and tie-pins.
- The best man and groom should have a final run-through of their speeches (separately) if required.
- The best man should reconfirm that all the cars and taxis will arrive on time and know where they are going.
- The best man should check on buttonholes and rings and gather any cards, emails or messages that are to be read out at the reception; he should also have any cheques or cash for suppliers to be paid on the day.