Non-Conformist Church Weddings
- The civil preliminaries must be observed.
- If the church is in a different registration district from where the couple live, they need to prove to the superintendent registrar that the church is their place of worship.
- Otherwise, notice is given in the church's registration district and the residency requirement met.
- If there is no church of the desired denomination in the registration district in which the couple live, they can marry in the nearest registration district that has one.
- A superintendent registrar attends the ceremony if the minister is not authorised to register marriages.
- If the chosen church is not registered for the solemnisation of marriage, a civil ceremony takes place beforehand.