- A generator and a back-up emergency generator are required as a normal domestic electric system is usually unsuitable.
- Ask for a super-silent generator where possible; check that the insurance policy should cover the generator - they are very expensive to replace.
- Plug points and power supplies should be checked with the reception entertainment (DJ/band etc).
- The couple should discuss thermostatically controlled ducted heating and air conditioning options.
- Marquee companies will be able to advise on, and supply lighting options (chandeliers, pinspots, up-lighters and lighting effects).
- They will also quote for tables, chairs and linen. Check with your caterer who is best to handle this and what their requirements are.
- Portable lavatories will usually be required; allow one lavatory per 40 guests. Ensure that they are located in a place that is accessible by vehicle and preferably close to a water main.