Table Names and Placecards
- Tables are numbered or named after something relevant to the bride and groom, such as places they have visited.
- Each setting must have a name card, these can be decorative and themed to match the wedding stationery or in simple type/calligraphy.
- The table plan - a diagram of all the tables with everybody's names - should be clearly displayed at the entrance to the seating area.
- For large weddings, two seating plans may be required.
- Alternatively, little envelopes with each guest's name, containing a card with a table number, can be laid out in a prominent place. This can create interest and conversation as guests try to establish who is sitting at their table.