- A bar must be running to the very end of the reception and should be manned at all times.
- One barman is needed per 100 guests.
- Beer as well as wine should be served, and ample quantities of still and sparkling water should also be available.
- It is cost effective to serve a cheaper wine at the bar than at the tables.
- In cold weather, hot toddies or mulled wine are instant warmers.
- Cocktails are popular and there are specialist companies that can provide a professional service. It can be expensive so is usually a budgetary decision.