Choosing a Caterer
Choosing a good wedding caterer is a difficult and sometimes daunting process. As always, personal recommendation is the best option.
- The bride and groom should talk to a number of different caterers and get a range of menus, ideas and quotes.
- The caterer will also be able to advise on presentation of the food, timings, table settings and so on.
- Local companies are the most cost effective as travel costs for the caterer and all the staff will be charged.
- It is advisable to do a tasting before booking; try to accompany this with a selection of the wines that are being considered too.
- It is essential that there is enough staff on the day. At the very minimum, there should be one waiter/waitress per 15 guests for sit-down catering.