Hiring a Wedding DJ and Disco
If the couple opt for a wedding disco with DJ, they should make sure that the music they want will be played and that the DJ's style and set up is suitable to the venue and event.
The couple must discuss their preferred playlist in advance. Many DJs provide a printed or online database, and the couple can use this to request specific songs. It is important to cover a wide range of eras and genres to appeal to guests of all ages.
- The set-up is important: the DJ must be briefed as to where the equipment will go. They should also set up before the guests arrive. If they are locally based, they can go away and come back again when it's time to start.
- For marquee weddings, the DJ's requirements for a power supply / plug points should be checked in advance with the marquee company.
- The bride and groom should check that the DJ has the first dance song.
- Don't forget to leave an allocated parking space, with easy access to the venue, for the DJ.
- It is a good idea to have an MP3 player at the ready: this can used if the party goes on later than expected after the DJ has gone home. Just make sure there is a sound system with all of the right cables to connect the MP3 player.
- Often the DJ will need to be paid on the night, so the best man must have the requisite amount of cash ready and remember to attend to this.