It is essential to write thank you letters or cards for wedding gifts as soon as possible; this should certainly be done before the weeks slip into months.
- A thank you card or letter from the bride and groom should acknowledge every present received.
- To prevent thank you letters from becoming a chore, couples should split the task.
- The couple must also thank the key people who made the day possible. This should include the parents, best man and bridesmaids.
- It is important to also include everyone from the minister to the soloist, the dressmaker, the florist, the caterer and the hairdresser.
- If a couple wish to use stationery that matches the wedding stationery for their thank you correspondence, they should have this printed at the same time as everything else.
- Some newly-weds like to enclose a photograph of the guests they are writing to or of themselves taken on the wedding day.