Wedding Costs and Quotations
- Most suppliers of services will provide the customer with an estimate for their services.
- It is vitally important to note the difference between an estimate (just that) and a quotation (the real amount to be paid, which is set in stone).
- All correspondence, quotations and receipts should be carefully filed.
- Make a note of deposits paid, when balances are due, and sums outstanding.
- Be aware that most suppliers' quotes exclude VAT, so allow for the extra percentage to be added on.
- Most suppliers will need to be paid in full in advance; others will need a cheque or cash on the day (a best man's duty).
- Some suppliers may invoice after the day, so remember to check what's outstanding in return from honeymoon.