Many couples are able to plan the honeymoon of a lifetime with the help of their wedding guests. There are numerous travel agents who now have honeymoon gift list facilities.
- The couple should clearly explain in the extra information sheet that is sent out with the wedding invitations how the list works and how the money will be spent.
- The honeymoons should therefore be organised before the initations are sent out.
- The guests will be able to make financial donations, via the travel agent, towards the honeymoon.
- Some companies offer itemised lists where guests can contribute towards specific elements of holiday. For example, hotel accommodation, hire car, transfers, a meal in a specific restaurant, diving expenses, ski passes, boat trips etc.
- It is a nice gesture for the couple to take a photo of special events or elements of the honeymoon that were bought for them to send to the guest with their thank you letter.