Asking For Her Hand In Marriage
It is traditional for the man to ask his future father-in-law's permission for his daughter's hand in marriage, but it is often the case today that the couple get engaged and permission is sought, as a mere formality, afterwards. Gauge how traditional the family is and respect the expectations of the bride's father.
A proposal of marriage requires planning; it's an occasion that demands once-in-a-lifetime romance that will be recalled time and time again.
- Wedding proposal ideas can be successfully simple or impressively complicated. The location should be memorable and the timing should be carefully thought through.
- It is traditional for a man to propose with an engagement ring, but many choose to propose without one and opt for a different token such as a bracelet or necklace instead. The couple then choose the ring together.
- An engagement ring should be on the bride-to-be's finger within a reasonable time of her saying 'yes' to the wedding proposal.
- Remember, there can be no truly offensive or wrong way to ask someone to marry you.
- If she says 'no' then she should offer to give the ring back - it's up to the man if he wants to take it or not.