- Church of England or Church in Wales ceremony - the legal fees for a church marriage cover the publication of the banns, the marriage service and a certificate of marriage; they are fixed centrally across all parish churches. The price of a church wedding will be in the region of £315. This does not include any extras, such as an organist, bell-ringers or a choir, or fees for video recording.
- Religious ceremony at a building other than Church of England or Church in Wales - £47.00 for the registrar. Further fees may be charged by the trustees of the building and by the person who performs the ceremony.
- Giving notice in advance of a ceremony (including a civil partnership) either at a register office, approved premises or in a religious building other than in the Church of England or Church in Wales: £30.00 per person.
- Register office ceremony/registration of civil partnership: £40.00
- Ceremony on approved premises: the cost for attendance by the superintendent registrar and registrar is set by the local authority in question. The owners of the building may also charge for the use of the premises.
- Marriage certificate: £3.50 (it is advisable to order two copies).