Nick Bubb (left). Chairman of the Debrett's 500 Retailers sector. With brother Sir Stephen Bubb, member of the Debrett's 500 Healthcare sector.
Chairman: Nick Bubb
The UK may not, famously, be “a nation of shop-keepers”, but retailing is certainly an important industry in this country, employing some three million people. The retail industry has an increasing international presence and many of our retailing leaders, in both the food and non-food sectors, are respected figures around the world. The Debrett’s selection includes the leaders of some of the biggest and most successful businesses in the sector, as well as some influential retail entrepreneurs and online innovators.
Nick Bubb is a graduate of Christ Church Oxford, where he studied philosophy, politics and economics. In a City career spanning over 30 years, he worked as a retail analyst for firms such as Scrimgeours, Morgan Stanley and SG Securities. He is now an independent commentator on UK retailing, the retail consultant to Zeus Capital and the author of The Daily Retailer.
- CEO Next
- CEO J Sainsbury plc
- Chairman John Lewis Partnership
- CEO of Kingfisher
- Chairman Carphone Warehouse
- CEO of Arcadia
- Founder and deputy chairman Sports Direct
- CEO of Home Retail
- CEO of Primark
- CEO Dixons
- Chief operating officer Oasis Fashions
- CEO of Ocado
- Managing director Waitrose
- Managing director John Lewis Department Stores
- CEO SSP
- CEO Morrison’s
- Managing director Amazon UK
- Multi-channel and e-commerce director of Marks & Spencer
- Managing director Tesco UK