Nigel Portwood. CEO Oxford University Press.
Chairman: Adrian Brady and Neill Denny.
Dan Sabbah – National News Editor at The Guardian
Jerry Wright – CEO Audit Bureau of Circulations (all aspect of publishing except books)
Phil Smith - Head of content solutions at Haymarket (B2B and online works)
John Rudaizky– a board director at WPP (the view of those who spend money in publishing)
Publishing is an extensive industry, covering books, newspapers, magazines and now the ever-expanding online sector. For the purposes of this list, we have focused purely on the most influential and successful people in the book publishing sector: the founders, chief executives and publishers who are having the biggest impact on this often inconstant industry.
Adrian Brady is chief executive of Eulogy!, the award-winning PR company. Raised in Sligo and educated at Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin, Brady moved to London in 1994. Eulogy! has now expanded to 48 employees and is currently Agency of the Year and has been listed in PR Week as a Top 20 Independent Agency and one of the UK’s best places to work. Eulogy! India launched in 2010. Current Eulogy! clients include: Royal Mail, SAB Miller, Triumph and Post Office.
Neill Denny was editor-in-chief of The Bookseller from 2004 to 2012. He is currently chief operating officer of Read Petite, a short story subscription website he is setting up with Martyn Daniels, Peter Cox and Tim Waterstone.
- Founder and chief executive Bloomsbury
- Chief executive Faber & Faber
- CEO Little, Brown Book Group
- CEO Pearson Education
- Managing director and CEO Simon & Schuster UK
- Chief executive Harper Collins
- Managing director Macmillan
- Managing director Transworld
- Publisher Vintage
- Publisher Virago Press
- Founder and managing director Usborne Publishing
- Publishing director Fourth Estate
- Founder of Orion, Century and Head of Zeus
- Chair Penguin Random House
- CEO Penguin Random House
- CEO Oxford University Press
- CEO Hachette UK
- Publisher and owner Granta
- Group publisher Little, Brown
- Publisher Picador
- CEO of ASOS