Chairman: Paul Manduca.
The finance sector has been through a major crisis and will feel the ramifications for some time. The crisis was the worst so far seen because globalisation ensured banks in particular were affected worldwide with the ensuing lack of liquidity to support economic growth. Finance covers a wide range of sub-sectors, from banking, insurance, asset management and private equity, to policy makers and opinion formers. The list captures the leaders across these sub-sectors who are influencing and shaping Britain’s recovery.
Paul Manduca assumed the role of Chairman of Prudential plc in 2012 following a long and distinguished career in the international financial services industry. He founded Threadneedle Asset Management Limited in 1994, and has acted as Chief Executive of both Rothschild Asset Management and Deutsche Asset Management. His previous non-executive roles included Wm Morrison and Chairman of Aon UK Limited. Not only does he have the weight of experience behind him, but he is one of the few heavyweights who has not badly blotted his copybook during the credit crunch.
- Governor Bank of England
- Deputy governor for prudential regulation and CEO Prudential Regulation Authority Bank of England
- Chairmann Financial Conduct Authority
- Chairman Standard Life
- CEO Prudential
- Group chief executive Legal & General
- Chairman Lloyds and chairman Advisory Council TheCityUK
- Chairman Barclays
- CEO Deutsche Bank
- President and CEO Aon
- Chairman Phoenix
- Minister of state for trade, investment and small business
- CEO London Stock Exchange
- Director general CBI
- Founder and chairman The Portland Trust
- Chairman Risk Capital Partners
- CEO Santander UK
- Chairman HSBC
- Chief executive British Banking Association
- Financial journalist