Snacking doesn't have to be an unhealthy habit but it's important to plan ahead.
Ideally, you should combine some protein with a little carbohydrate to fill you up and keep you going.
Healthy Snack Ideas
- Low fat latte made with semi-skimmed or soy milk
- Mini pitta bread with a quarter of an avocado
- Two rice cakes with one wedge of light cheese
- One 100-calorie pudding
- 200 grams low fat cottage cheese with a handful of blueberries
- One individual pot of low fat yoghurt with 1 tablespoon raisins
- Three hard-cooked egg whites mashed with Dijon mustard and a sliced tomato
- 350ml tomato juice
- Four Brazil nuts
- One large kiwi fruit
- Ten large olives
- Two small plums