Benefits & Tips for Holistic Classes
Holistic exercise will benefit every aspect of your life, from
your posture and physical wellbeing to your moods and sense of
Whether you want to calm your mind, improve your posture, tone your muscles or simply enhance your general wellbeing, there is a suitable form of holistic exercise, whatever your fitness level. Popular choices include yoga, Pilates and tai chi.
Benefits of Holistic Classes
- Improve body awareness and the mind/body connection.
- Relieve stress and helps relaxation.
- Provide the time to bring the body and mind into balance.
- Increase self-belief and self-esteem.
- Improve flexibility, tone, suppleness and core strength, providing a centred and calm feeling.
Top Tips for Holistic Classes
- Most holistic classes are done in bare feet because you need to feel contact with the floor for balance and postural work, so leave your shoes and socks in the changing room.
- Wear comfortable clothes to ensure you can move easily and relax.
- It's recommended that you take something warm to wear, or a blanket, for the relaxation section of the class.
- Mats are provided in most studios, but many people take along their own yoga mat.
With thanks to our partner David Lloyd Fitness for their expert advice on fitness and nutrition