Make your weight training count, by following our recommendations.
Most importantly, before you start, warm up with a dynamic stretch. Make sure you choose a weight you know you are able to lift.
- For muscular endurance, go for 15-25 repetitions. For hypertrophy and gaining muscle size, go for 8-12 repetitions.
- For strength training pick 3-5 repetitions.
- You must complete at least 3 sets per exercise to place enough load on the muscle for them to adapt.
- Complete 6 sets as a maximum per exercise.
- A superset is two consecutive exercises working opposite muscle groups in increasing intensity.
- Circuit training with weights will increase your heart rate and therefore calorie expenditure. Stretch after workouts to maintain posture and flexibility. Remain hydrated throughout your exercise