Why Get Fit?
A regular exercise regime will both extend, and improve, your quality of life.
Read our top reasons on why exercise will always make you feel better - from everyday differences to longterm imporvements.
Exercise will Make You Feel Better
- You will experience improved sleeping patterns and increase energy levels.
- Feelings of self-worth will be enhanced because you are actually making conscious efforts to improve your health.
- Exercise increases positive serotonin levels - these are the feel-good hormones...
- Loss of fat will make you feel more lithe and supple.
- Toned muscles and reduced fat will make you look good. Clothes will fit better and you will feel a corresponding boost to your self-confidence.
- Exercise helps to improve your mental focus - you will be a better all-round performer, and will experience benefits in both your work and domestic life.
Exercise will Help Improve Your Everyday Life
- All your workaday movements - from walking to sitting, climbing-stairs and standing - will be improved.
- You will have better body posture and body awareness - this will help in whatever you do, whether it is sitting at a computer or spending all day on your feet as a busy waitress or salesman...
- Exercise is a very effective way of releasing stress.
- An exercise regime will ensure that you take time out, and focus on something other than work - ideal for workaholics!
- Exercise will actually boost your energy levels - vital if you're going to perform well in the workplace.
- You will be more physically effective; you may be able to cycle or walk to work with ease, carry heavy shopping, climb flights of stairs without getting out of breath.
Exercise will Give You Psychological Benefits
- The rhythmical nature of walking, running or any cardiovascular exercise can reduce brain noise. When you get home from work and your head is buzzing with preoccupations and anxieties, any rhythmical exercise will calm stress levels and enhance your mood.