Swimming for Children
Swimming develops the heart and lungs, which can support health and reduce risk of heart respiratory diseases. It increases energy expenditure which support a healthy body composition. It can provide a personal challenge and be very rewarding.
Make Swimming Count
- Swimming speed is essentially a function of stroke rate x stroke length.
- Swimming very skilled, so techniques should be focused on.
- Arranging professional tuition for your kids will benefit their technique immeasurably.
- Body position, leg action, arm action, breathing & timing are all key parts of a swim stroke to develop.
- Try to swim 'quiet' minimising water splash, imagine swimming with the dolphins as opposed to being chased by a shark!