In the competitive environment of a speed dating event, confidence is key...
- Make sure you look good and have some attention-grabbing opening lines and interesting questions ready.
- Avoid topics of conversation that are boring, personal or too heavy.
- Don't deliver a monologue or give a false impression.
- Although you feel you are on display, try not to treat the evening as a performance.
- As time is short, don't be coy if you are attracted to someone. If you like them, flirt.
- Don't give out your personal details. Use the speed dating organisation as a buffer zone.
- Speed dating is not a competition. Don't boast to your friend if you attract more interest then they do.
- Every minute counts: you need to be memorable and leave them wanting more. . .