The bully's arsenal is extensive, ranging from name-calling, exclusion and rejection to threats and actual physical violence.
The bully's beat now even extends to cyberspace, with poisonous
texts, emails and postings on social networking sites such as
Children can be very reticent about admitting they are being bullied.
Look out for telltale signs:
- Reluctance to go to school or out to play
- Moodiness, grumpiness, or tearfulness
- Lack of concentration on schoolwork
- An unusual propensity to 'lose' valued possessions or money
- Physical signs; unexplained scratches and bruises, or damaged clothes
If you need further advice about bullying, visit: