Top Tips for Online Dating
Everyone reinvents themselves online, but don't overdo it.
Remember, if you're successful you may have to take this relationship into the real world and all will be revealed.
Follow our top tips to ensure success...
- Post a recent photograph; obviously, you'll want to look your best, but pictures from ten years ago won't help your cause.
- Real life relationships are different. Help the transition from online universe to the real world by having a phonecall with your potential date first. You can tell a lot from a voice, and if chatting comes easily the signs are encouraging.
- Don't track down first dates on Google. There is such a thing as too much information, and the potential magic of dating discovery will be lost.
- Once you've met someone you like, be wary of online stalking. Dating sites can feed obssessions and you need to be careful about compulsive checking.
- Remember that an online dating site is full of possibilities, and they are endlessly renewed. Your dates may find it harder than usual to commit, so be very sure that you're both in it for the same thing...
- Don't allow online dating to rule your life. Restrict the amount of visits you make to the dating site every day, and keep up with friends in the real world.