Careers with Debrett's
DEBRETT’S FINANCE & OFFICE MANAGER
Salary: Subject to experience
Job type: 12 month contract (maternity cover, 5 days per week)
Location: Mayfair, London
This role involves maintenance of financial books and records and managing day-to-day office and administrative functions. Debrett's is looking for a part-qualified accountant with good SAGE experience (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), good IT skills and office management experience. The applicant should be comfortable dealing with customers and suppliers. Absolute discretion, meticulous attention to detail and good people skills are a must.
- Maintenance of financial records on SAGE including purchase and sales ledger
- Stock management and office orders
- Year end reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations and cash management
- VAT returns
- Paying and checking expenses
- Provision of payroll information to external accountants
- Establishing value for money with existing and new suppliers
- Monitoring sickness and holidays
- General office admin – stationery, post etc.
- Point of contact for external IT support
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to TomGrunwald@debretts.co.uk
Events and marketing internship
- Internship description: This internship is designed to give a recent graduate excellent exposure and experience within the events and marketing sectors of a luxury British brand.
- Languages: English, Mandarin/Cantonese
- Length: 3-6 Months
- Location: Mayfair, London
- Type of internship: Full-time
Remuneration – National minimum wage
The daily tasks the intern should expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Event management and planning
- CRM, e-commerce and strategic marketing support
- Social media planning and strategy along with general digital marketing approach
- Developing relationships with partners relating to seasonal events and marketing partnerships
- Communicating the brand and services at events and client meetings
- Using the contact database for external PR, marketing and event activity
- Events and marketing administration support
- General office administration and support
This role would suit a recent graduate looking to gain work experience in the luxury sector within a renowned British brand, based in Central London, working with prestigious clients and partners.
The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for British heritage along with a desire to learn about and gain experience within the luxury industry. The candidate should be professional, self-motivated, adaptable, diplomatic and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of a team. Excellent attention to detail as well as strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills are required. Related degrees or previous work experience are a bonus but not a necessity.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org