Careers with Debrett's
Debrett’s is always seeking driven, creative and talented individuals to join the dynamic and vibrant team. If you are considering your future and are looking for somewhere to make a difference in a company that offers great opportunities and professional growth please take a moment to have a look at the list of current vacancies in the UK and overseas.
DEBRETT’S 500 - INTERN
In January 2014, the Debrett’s 500, a profile of the 500 most influential people in the country was published in The Sunday Times. The Debrett’s 500 coverage reached 438 million readers and received television coverage reaching 39 million viewers. Debrett’s is looking for an intern to assist with the 2015 edition of the Debrett’s 500.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual looking to gain journalism, editorial and research experience in an energetic and fast-paced company.
Application Close: 30 September 2014
Location: Mayfair, London
Remuneration: Expenses (travel and lunch)
Skills and attributes:
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are crucial
- Must have high levels of tact and diplomacy in dealing with a range of individuals in positions of authority and influence
- Previous editorial experience is advantageous
- Must be able to carry out relevant research from legitimate sources
- Excellent organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines as required
- PC proficient
- To adopt an enthusiastic and positive approach and to be able to work within a small and energetic team
Please send your CV to Olivia Hardy at OliviaHardy@debretts.co.uk and include a cover letter detailing your particular interest in the position and relevant experience.
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Researching and analysing market and customer information to identify new customers and to tailor proposals
- Representing the company at events
- Creating detailed proposal documents – mostly in Powerpoint
- Recording sales activity in the CRM database, Salesforce
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Attending networking events to build contacts
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues
Any degree subject is acceptable
Relevant experience gained in any commercial area is beneficial, particularly sponsorship
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills – particularly Powerpoint and CRM databases
- Strong written skills – particularly for writing copy in customer proposals
Starting Salary £22,000 – OTE £35,000 – additional to be earned on the achievement of specific sales targets
Please send your CV to Ali Moss-Thomas at email@example.com and include a cover letter detailing your particular interest in the position and relevant experience.
Other internship opportunities are available, including roles in marketing, design, website management and events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.