Careers with Debrett's
Debrett's now has an exciting opportunity for a talented marketing professional to join its Mayfair-based team.
We are looking for an ambitious, career-minded individual to take ownership of the full marketing strategy and its implementation (with a focus on customer marketing, partnership, and digital/online) across a varied product portfolio including leather goods and stationery, etiquette training, books and content licensing as well as a private client event service.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative in their outlook, a skilled communicator, culturally savvy and with a strong interest in heritage and/or luxury lifestyle. A background in working with a variety of different lifestyle brands is preferred, with online and ecommerce experience an advantage.
- Work closely with the marketing director on setting the overall brand strategy and determining the marketing strategy per product type
- Produce a monthly calendar of all promotional marketing activity
- Proactively look for brand partnership opportunities and ways in which to promote the various branded products through different initiatives
- Work closely with CRM team to develop marketing ideas for the member database
- Create and implement all online marketing and promotional activity
- Work with external agency on all digital advertising
- Work with design team to develop and implement online promotions
- Optimise all marketing and ecommerce activity to increase visitor numbers and drive product sales
- Analyse, evaluate and adapt marketing activity to maximise ROI
Print, Design and Editorial
- Work with marketing and design team on the production of all creative collateral, managing timelines and process
- Work closely with editorial manager on all content creation relating to marketing
- Work closely with production manager on production timelines where relevant
Third Party Promotions
- Act as liaison with third party promotional partners
- Coordinate third party marketing initiatives
- Attend meetings with brand partners
- Support marketing director in all areas as an when required
- Attend networking events as a Debrett’s brand ambassador
- Support the sales team as and when required with supporting information, presentations or research
- Work with Debrett’s partner businesses as a marketing liaison
- Work alongside external PR agency to ensure all marketing efforts are supported and coordinated with relevant PR activity and vice versa
- Work alongside the designer and the events and social media coordinator to monitor and coordinate content and social media platforms, ensuring they are being used properly to support all company activity including promotions, events and partnerships
- Coordinate content syndication with relevant affiliate platforms
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years relevant marketing experience with a lifestyle or luxury brand
- Experience managing the development of marketing materials, including print, advertising, direct marketing and web creative.
- Understanding of design and print processes
- Proficiency in Word and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Highly organised, a strategic planner and creative thinker
- A talented networker and brand ambassador with strong industry contacts
- Acute commercial awareness and a strong understanding of the brand’s luxury positioning and media attention
- Creative flair and ability to translate messages into strong marketing ideas
With its 250-year heritage, Debrett’s remains the trusted source on British social skills, etiquette and style. This expertise is reflected in the range of products and services that Debrett’s provides. The Debrett’s Academy trains both corporate and private clients, whilst its leather products and stationery, publications and sought-after commentary and editorial engage with brands and luxury consumers across the globe. Furthermore, with its vast network of around 22,000 of the highest achievers and most influential people of today, Debrett’s combines its people with its products and training through carefully curated brand partnerships, events, and its charitable Foundation.
Salary: £30,000 pa
EVENTS AND MARKETING INTERNSHIP AT DEBRETT’S
This internship is designed to give a recent graduate excellent exposure and experience within the events and marketing sectors of a luxury British brand.
Length: 3-6 Months
Location: Mayfair, London
Type of internship: Full-time
Remuneration – National minimum wage
The daily tasks the intern should expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Event management and planning
- CRM, Ecommerce and Strategic Marketing support
- Social media planning and strategy along with general digital marketing approach
- Developing relationships with partners relating to seasonal events and marketing partnerships
- Communicating the brand and services at events and client meetings
- Using the contact database for external PR, marketing and event activity
- Events and marketing administration support
- General office administration and support
This role suits a recent graduate looking to gain work experience in the luxury sector within a renowned British brand, based in Central London, working with prestigious clients and partners. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for British heritage along with a desire to learn about and gain experience within the luxury industry. The candidate should be professional, self-motivated, adaptable, diplomatic and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of a team. Excellent attention to detail as well as strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills are required. Related degrees or previous work experience are a bonus but not a necessity.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org