From hotel tipping and valet parking to quiet zones on trains and seat etiquette in aeroplanes, follow our comprehensive guide to manners on the move.
Transport inevitably throws you into close proximity with your fellow human beings, and in these circumstances good manners are of paramount importance.
Practice the small courtesies, and you will find that getting from A to B doesn't have to be a traumatic experience.
- In cramped conditions, 35,000 feet above sea level, good manners are paramount.
- Our invaluable advice on relating to receptionists, bellboys and room service.
- The basic courtesies that will make public transport tolerable.
- Follow these Golden Rules and make railway carriages a more civilised place.
- Our guide to hailing taxis, tipping, and chivalrous behaviour.
- Tipping conundrums and how to deal with them.
- Abiding by foreign customs is both the least you can do and the hardest thing to achieve.
- Follow this advice and the roads will become a much more civilised – and safer – place.