Etiquette for Children
Increasingly there is a general lack of agreement over how to raise a well-mannered child: from the welter of parenting books to the conflicting demands and confusions of a multi-cultural society, where some children are revered as demi-gods whose will must never be contravened, while others belong to the manners-drummed-in, seen-but-not-heard camp.
Steering a middle course is clearly perilous, but there are surely some universal boundaries to be set. The parent's mantra should be, "Is my child behaving in a way that puts everyone at ease?"
Follow our guidelines to ensure that your child will never (or hardly ever) discomfort or annoy other people.
- Find a compromise between old-school stiffness and laissez-faire carelessness with our golden rules.
- Don't get bogged down with arcane niceties; concentrate instead on dining essentials.
- Tips that will help your children behave well when they't out and about.
- It isn't just about teaching your children good manners, it's also about behaving well yourself.
- How to monitor and control your budding technological whizzkids.