Enjoy the pleasure of the well-chosen card - the perfect image, the amusing message, the serendipity of finding a uniquely appropriate design. But never make the mistake of hiding behind a card - using it to convey messages that you can't articulate, or as a substitute for face to face contact.
Cards are about enhancing your relationships with friends and family; they are not stand-ins for true intimacy.
- When only a card will do.
- Traditions and rules for festive correspondence.
- Get the wedding date in guests' diaries well in advance.
- Spread the news that you're moving house
- Indulge in this charming holiday pastime
- Modern thinking on an old-fashioned tradition