P to Q
From Personal Space to Queuing, via Politeness, Port Etiquette, Pronunciation and Pubs, our indispensable Guide to British Behaviour.
In this section
- We are becoming increasingly unused to sharing our personal space.
- Manners are valuable in this world because well-mannered people know how to set others at ease.
- Emotions frequently run high around political issues, so treat this issue with care and respect.
- Learn all about port etiquette.
- Presents should always be given in good faith and with the intention of delighting the recipient.
- Follow this guide to perfect pronunciation.
- This is inevitably a child's very first introduction to all-important manners.
- Pubs are very sociable places so be prepared to exchange small talk with strangers.
- Turn up at a railway station, or a supermarket, or a post office and you will see an orderly queue.